In case you haven't heard through the grapevine, Annette and I are happy to announce that we are expecting a little girl. Again. That makes three girls and one dude. If you include our lovely dogs, we will be at a 4-to-2 ratio. I don't like my odds.
Honestly, my favorite part of announcing our impending daughter has been the reaction of others whenever Annette tells people the good news. Several people have responded with "Ohhh ... tell Bryan I'm so sorry." Apparently the going thought was that I would be tremendously bummed if I was not blessed with a little boy.
Disregarding the sarcasm, I really am excited about our little girl. Sure, I'd love to have a son. I'd like to teach him how to throw a softball. I'd love to show him how to play the guitar or the piano. I'd love to be able to do all of these things and more.
But here's the thing -- I can do the exact same things with my girls. Cami already likes to play baseball, and she and I have been working on our overhand throws. She loves music ... a lot. In fact, I'm a little concerned that she doesn't realize there is a number before two, but she can almost sing a Taylor Swift song word for word.
So yeah ... a son would be great. We'd have a lot of fun. But I'm excited about this Tuesday night too, where Cami and I are going to the Springfield Cardinals game and letting Mom rest in the midst of some scrapbooking materials. And I'm looking forward to doing the same thing with Dani.
Oh yeah ... I can't wait to introduce you to my daughter, Danielle Joann.
--B
No comments:
Post a Comment